Special Session on Disaster Resilience of Communication Networks
Call for papers
Disaster-based failures can seriously affect the performance of a communication network. They include natural disasters, technology-related failures, or malicious attacks, and are observably increasing in number, intensity and scale.
The problem needs to be urgently addressed due to the lack of suitable mechanisms deployed in current networks.
The objective of this Special Session at DRCN 2019 is to provide a forum for presentations of pioneering solutions in particular related, but not limited to the following:
- Algorithms of disaster-resilient routing
- Large-scale natural disasters
- Malicious human activities causing massive failures
- Massive failures
- Measures to evaluate the vulnerability of communication networks to disaster-based disruptions
- Mechanisms to utilize predictions on disaster-based threats
- Technology-related disasters
- Weather-based disruptions
- Update of topological characteristics of networks to improve their disaster-resilience
Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all submissions must be done electronically through EDAS: https://edas.info/N25127.
All papers will be reviewed. Accepted and presented papers are planned to be published in DRCN 2019 proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Paper length should not exceed 8 pages formatted according to the IEEE two-column conference template.
Rita Girão-Silva, INESC Coimbra & University of Coimbra
Róża Goścień, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
Paper submission (extended): December 5, 2018
Notification to authors: January 7, 2019
Camera-ready papers: January 21, 2019 - Author Guidelines